Vehicle FAQs

Q: What is a vehicle service contract?

A: A vehicle service contract covers the costs associated with vehicle repair, including parts, labor, and in some states the sales tax for certain repairs, which may become necessary. A vehicle service contract is not a warranty or insurance policy.

Q: Where can I use my coverage plan?

A: All our vehicle service contracts can be used anywhere in the United States or Canada. Just take your vehicle to any licensed repair facility and present your vehicle service contract before the work is started. The repair facility will call in the claim and get paid directly for all the authorized repairs.

Q: Do I need coverage even if my car is brand new?

A: All vehicles break down, old or new. The best time to protect your vehicle is early on because you qualify for the highest level of coverage at the best price while the vehicle is still new. A vehicle service agreement may add an additional layer of protection not covered by a manufacturer warranty.

Q: What does my coverage include?

A: Each vehicle service contract covers the cost of parts, labor, and in some states taxes, along with complimentary roadside assistance and towing. Rental car reimbursement benefits are also available for up to seven days at $50.00 per day for every eight hours of labor time required to complete repair.

Q: How do I know if my vehicle is eligible?

A: In some cases, your vehicle may not qualify for coverage. To get details on the eligibility of your vehicle, just contact our representatives and they will assist you throughout the entire process.

Q: Can I wait until my car breaks down before buying coverage?

A: A vehicle service contract does not cover any breakdown, failure, or condition existing prior to the purchase date of coverage. It is important to purchase coverage while the vehicle is still in working condition to get maximum peace of mind.

Q: Who do I contact if my vehicle breaks down?

A: If you are stuck on the side of the road, just call our roadside assistance number: 888-246-2014. A licensed service provider will come out and make sure your vehicle gets to a licensed repair facility safely. Roadside Assistance also provides assistance for flat tires, lock-out service, jump start, fluid delivery, and much more.

Q: Can I get coverage on my used car?

A: Yes, it's never too late to cover your vehicle for future repairs. Just request a quote on our website or call us directly, and one of our representatives will be available to assist you in determining the coverage you qualify for, helping you protect your future. Variables in vehicle service contract coverage include the age of vehicle, make, model, mileage, and other factors.

Q: If I have vehicle insurance, do I still need a vehicle service contract?

A: Vehicle insurance covers you in the event of a collision or physical damage. A vehicle service contract does not cover mechanical and electrical repairs in the event of a collision or physical damage. A vehicle service contract covers repairs such as when your check engine light comes on or if your car will not start. You can be extra careful to avoid an accident, but cars will break down no matter how carefully you drive. A vehicle service contract provides you with years of worry-free ownership.

Q: How is my claim paid?

A: Our coverage plans pay the claim directly to your repair facility. This means that you do not have to waste any time. Unlike other providers, subject to the terms and conditions of the service contract, you do not have to pay up-front or wait for a reimbursement check to arrive in the mail. 

Q: Is this service contract transferrable?

A: Yes! If you sell your vehicle, we can transfer the coverage plan to the new owner for a small fee. This can provide the new owner with peace of mind.

Q: How do I file a claim?

A: Your repair shop will file the claim on your behalf once they have diagnosed the issue and update you on the claim status.